Strict Standards: date(): We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/8/d445760463/htdocs/puzzlesypiezas.com/foro/viewtopic.php on line 988

Strict Standards: getdate(): We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/8/d445760463/htdocs/puzzlesypiezas.com/foro/viewtopic.php on line 988
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead

Strict Standards: strftime(): We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /homepages/8/d445760463/htdocs/puzzlesypiezas.com/foro/includes/functions.php on line 4179
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4300: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4302: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4303: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4304: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:988)
puzzlesypiezas.com • Foro de Puzzles y Rompecabezas • Puzzleando en Puzzles y Piezas • Ver Tema - Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

“A place to write about puzzles and pieces for enthusiastic puzzle-making people that don't speak Spanish “

Moderador: selene

Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

Notapor 3h » Vie Jul 01, 2011 11:30

Hello everybody,
several weeks ago I wrote an online jigsaw game. I tried to do my best and I'm interested in your opinion. Here is a link (it's a Facebook game so requires Facebook account):

And looks like this:
Imagen

What do you think? What are your ideas?
Thanks, Tom
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Re: Electric Jigsaw Puzzle game

Notapor puzzle » Vie Jul 01, 2011 18:41

Hello,
I am sorry but I don't have a Facebook account.

I have played with some on-line jigsaw puzzle games and my opinion that they are good for time wasting, like other games (cards, dices, ...) nothing compared to real ones.

-bye
Visita els meus videos a:/Visita mis vídeos en:/Visit my videos at:
puzzle
Adolescente Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Sab Jul 02, 2011 08:52

All right :)
In a matter of fact my aim was to create an online game as close to mechanical jigsaw puzzles as possible. Obviously it's still quite different from real game ;)
I made a temporary, direct link for you:

Invitations and publishing won't work. In some time I will prepare a real off-facebook version :)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 21:31

Hi Tom!
Welcome to our website!

I have tried your puzzle and I liked it, it's quite similar to other online puzzles. Though, I think the maximum number of pieces is too much to do it online because of the time you have to spend looking at the screen, it could be very tiring for your eyes.

I would reduce the possible number of pieces. Or if it could be possible you could work out something to save the progress and continue later (I suppose this is not possible unless you login or something like that?)

The pictures are nice :D

Good luck! -good
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Marca Preferida:
Temática Favorita:
Puzzle Actual:

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 22:21

Wow I just realized you can select a lot of pieces at the same time and move them together to clear space. That's a good idea! -good
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Marca Preferida:
Temática Favorita:
Puzzle Actual:

Notapor selene » Sab Jul 02, 2011 23:52

Two pieces got united accidentally and now I can't turn them so I can't finish the puzzle.

I think you should be able to turn a group of pieces too.

Imagen
selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Marca Preferida:
Temática Favorita:
Puzzle Actual:

Notapor 3h » Dom Jul 03, 2011 08:58

Nice to meet you, selene :)

sory about this bug, it has never happened before and I couldn't reproduce it. I've just made several improvements to prevent sth like this to happen again. It should never be possible to join pieces that are not rotated properly.

As for the maximum number of pieces it is really high. Even more than 2000 pieces if you have 1920x1080 (HD) resolution. And max jigsaw I composed was 300 pieces with rotations turned off and it was finished by my wife actually -tongue. But I'm not an expert ;). I agree that saving a game would be a nice option and I plan to do it although it's quite hard to do technically. Untill then we can set lower numbers of pieces ;). I could even try to do it without "logging in" mechanism.

Comparing to other online games that I found on internet Electric Jigsaw Puzzle has some new features:

- wider range of pieces to cut image into - lets say from 8 to 2000 (depends on screen resolution)
- each jigsaw is generated randomly, plugs and holes are in random places and even puzzle shapes are random so each jigsaw is different
- you can scale your image using the white arrow
- full advantage of fullscreen mode (however I realize some players don't like fullscreen)
- nice high resolution pictures

thanks for your advices :)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor selene » Lun Jul 04, 2011 01:44

selene
Puzzler@ Universitari@

Marca Preferida:
Temática Favorita:
Puzzle Actual:

Notapor 3h » Mar Jul 05, 2011 19:21

Wow, 620 with rotations - impressive -notworthy
I currently work on a version that doesn't require neither full screen nor Facebook. Should be ready soon. Then I will look closer to the rotation issue.
Thanks for feedback, selene
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Mié Jul 06, 2011 20:10

All right guys - I prepared a non-fullscreen, non-facebook version so everyone could try it:

Note - this version allows less puzzle pieces as it takes only web browser's window.

P.S. The previous link I supplied is now inactive
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor 3h » Sab Jul 30, 2011 16:04

I managed to add also a "save game" option. So now composing a 1000 or 2000 pieces jigsaw is not so painful ;)
3h
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor francisco » Mar Ago 02, 2011 16:33

francisco
Bebé Puzzler@

Notapor naleiged2 » Vie Abr 08, 2016 11:31

Wow I just realized you can select a lot of pieces at the same time and move them together to clear space.

Volver a Around the world